An Industry Data Solution Architect (I-DSA) possesses deep industry solution expertise and drives high priority customer initiatives in collaboration with local and worldwide Industry teams.
The I-DSA is a technical, customer facing role that is accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud analytics experience. I-DSAs own the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts… The ideal candidate will have long experience in customer facing roles and success with target industry customers leading business process, cloud analytics, architecture, and design discussions with customer executives to drive deployment of industry solutions.
You will be aligned based on your deep industry expertise in one of the following areas:
• Discrete Manufacturing
• Banking and Capital Markets
• Retail and Consumer Goods
• Drive deployment of Cloud and Enterprise (C+E) target industry solutions into C+E Cloud (Azure required + CRMOL and ERPOL) and increase the consumption these solutions and the related Azure data and analytics services, including SQL Database, Document DB, SQL Data Warehouse, HD Insight, Machine Learning, Stream Analytics, Data Factory, Event Hubs and Notification Hubs
• Establish deep relationships with key OT/IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud data adoption as mean to resolve business problems within their company.
• Lead mapping of business/ industry solution goals & requirements to Azure Data based architecture and data technology solutions while taking a systems-wide view of the customer's existing solution data landscape.
• Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility and proposal development for Big Data storage, processing and consumption (e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support/BI over Data Lake)
• Deep focus on Data/IoT related Azures services including… Analytics, Data + Storage (SQL Database, Document DB, MySQL Database, SQL Data Warehouse, SQL Server Stretch Database, Azure Search), Intelligence, Internet of Things, Hybrid Integration (Biztalk Services, Service Bus), Compute (SQL VMs, Oracle VMs, Biztalk VMs)
• Design, coordinate and execute pilots, prototypes or proof of concepts, provide validation on specific scenarios
• Drive the quality of the onboarding plan (with Microsoft Consulting Services and Industry Solution Partners)
• Report on progress of customer as business objectives; Ensure plan execution by Industry Solution Partners
Coach other technical sellers; document and share technical best practices / insights with Engineering teams and the solution architect community.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends and their impact on target industry organizations (data architecture focus)
• Deep industry expertise in one of the following areas:
1. Discrete Manufacturing
3. Banking and Capital Markets
4. Retail and Consumer Goods
• Demonstrable experience with deep understanding in databases and analytics, including Big data (Hadoop, Spark), noSQL, Business Analytics, relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing,
• Demonstrable success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects in target industry (managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
• Understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns
• Knowledge of real time/stream analytics
• Highly valued: experience using R; experience with Marketing or Risk analytics solutions for Enterprises
• Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
What do we offer you?
In return we offer a competitive base salary, bonus and excellent benefits (Private medical insurance, Healthcare, Pension, accident insurance, life assurance, flexible holiday allowances, stock options and car). We also have ongoing professional development opportunities, plenty of opportunity to progress other parts of Microsoft’s diverse businesses as you progress your career here.
Microsoft has a flexible working culture and on an average week your time could be split between the offices, customer locations and your home.
Flexibility on UK travel will be required as this is a UK customer facing role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity
Microsoft’s privacy statement can be viewed on the following web page: https://www.microsoft.com/EN-US/privacystatement/GlobalCareers/Default.aspx