Technology is an exciting and thriving area of ourconsulting practice. We have a diverse practice of over 1700 practitionersworking around the UK on challenging engagements across a wide portfolio ofclients. Our breadth and depth of technical capabilities enable us to be bothtrusted advisors and implementation partners.
Systems Integration (SI) is one of the core Service Areasin Technology, providing clients with the advice and delivery support that theyneed in their complex technology programmes. Our services include Programme Management, Solutions Development &Integration (SD&I) and Testing.
Our SolutionsDevelopment & Integration (SD&I) team within Systems Integration(SI) is specifically focused onenabling clients to overcome complex systems integration challenges whendelivering business driven, technology-enabled change across their organisation.Our specialists help clients in designing and implementing fully integratedsolutions across the organization’s own walls, and with its external partners,suppliers, and customers. Our end-to-end solutions encompass technology, peopleand data; span across front, middle and back offices; and are focused onquality, governance and control. We cover all aspects of systems integrationincluding digital solutions, package integration, custom development andinfrastructure.
Systems Integration (SI) is poised for exciting timesahead, given our 2020 ambitions to further grow our delivery capability includinginto new markets, and help clients with the implementation of large scaleend-to-end business transformation programmes. To achieve this, the SolutionDevelopment and Integration (SD&I) area is extending its portfolio toinclude new services, of which a key one is Bespoke Development.
The Bespoke Development team focuses on the delivery ofcustom developed applications for our clients across several industries. Ourwork encompasses both advisory and delivery services, and covers the end-to-endlifecycle of application architecture and development, including planning, requirementsgathering, design, prototyping, code development, modularisation, testing,configuration and defect management, and production deployment. Development iscompleted in a variety of languages and platforms, including JAVA and .NET technologies.
We are looking to grow this team and offer opportunitiesfor exciting and innovative work with Clients across multiple sectors and withleading technologies, skills acquisition, professional knowledge growth, andoverseas travel.
Our BespokeDevelopment Offering
We drive the analysis and design of software applicationsand systems then deliver and deploy custom developed applications. We help ourclients in many different ways:
· Application Design Services
· Application Modernization
· Cloud Application Development
· Custom Application Development – Including .Netand J2EE
· Application Architecture
Reporting to the Delivery Lead / Project Manager, the Senior Developer is focused ondeveloping solutions which meet the business requirements. The Senior Developerworks closely with multiplestakeholders, including the Delivery Lead, Solution Architects, BusinessAnalysts, Senior Developers and Testers across the project lifecycle to developsolutions. They provide technical direction to Developers and quality assuranceof deliverables.
The base location is London incl. Regions (Southwest,Northwest and Midlands) and Belfast. The role may involve travel, working indifferent areas of the UK, and potentially overseas.
This is a permanent role.
As a Senior Developer, you will have responsibility for:
· Developing solutions that meet businessrequirements
· Working closely with multiple stakeholders acrossthe project lifecycle, including:
· Liaising with Business Analysts to understandbusiness requirements and with Solution Architects on functional and technicaldesigns
· Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Managerwith scoping and estimation of development efforts
· Working collaboratively with test teams duringthe Product test and UAT phases to fix assigned bugs
· Providing technical direction to Developers
· Developing program specifications and detaileddesign documents
· Developing programs using software includingJAVA and .NET technologies
· Coding, testing and debugging complexapplications programs
· Enforcing coding standards and performing codereviews
· Quality assurance, including ensuring quality ofcoded components by performing thorough unit testing
· Providing primary support for assigned systemsand applications; providing backup support for other systems as needed
· Working independently with limited support,while aligned to weekly and daily agile governance (weekly sprints, reporting)
· Mentoring junior developers
We are looking for individuals that will embody Systems Integration at Deloitte Consulting - people who understand the connection between the business problem and the technology solution and have the professional and personal skills to make a real difference to our Clients.
We expect you to have skills and experience in the following:
· A minimum of 4 years of developer / programming experience
· .NET (C#) and .NET framework application development experience
· Proven experience in Java / .NET (C#, VB, etc.) / VBA / HTML/ SQL) or similar
· An understanding of web services incl. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
· Experience working with business users to understand business problems, gather requirements and developing design documents and functional and technical specifications
· Understanding of methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM, Rational Unified Process (RUP)
· Experience with application architecture or solution development with JEE(J2EE)
· Software development experience using object-oriented languages
· Experience working as a developer or an architect through system development, migrations, updates, or implementations
· Ability to perform code reviews and design reviews
· Demonstrated understanding of code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
· Understanding of build and deployment process and tools
· Proficiency in MS Office (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) including macros creation
· Internal or external consultancy experience
· Technical university degree
· Experience implementing large-scale custom development integration projects
· Experience with DevOps
· Experience with database design
· Experience with creating responsive design, Performance tuning, Automated Build and deployment
· Experience developing or working with mainframe technologies COBOL, PL/1, JCL, Natural and ADABAS and VSAM
· Demonstrated understanding of tool based modernization, including code analysis, code conversion and automated testing tools
· A strong desire to work hands-on with application code and perform deep levels of analysis to troubleshoot outcomes and recommend resolution
Additionally, we expect that you possess the following core consulting skills:
· A strong focus on team working within diverse and remotely located teams
· A "can do" attitude - Hands-on & flexible approach to emerging requirements and a real willingness to learn and participate
· Good communication and people skills, with the ability to articulate complex ideas to different audiences within an organisation, and effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from subject matter experts to senior functional leads
· Strong documentation ability and excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Experience of working in fast-paced and demanding delivery-focused environments
· Understanding and awareness of the commercial and reputational risks Deloitte may encounter and the appropriate mitigations
· Enthusiasm and passion for the delivery of market leading solutions that make a difference
· Professional working proficiency in the English language
· An ability to travel internationally and stay away from home for up to 5 days each week for specific durations of time based on defined programme needs or phases
All candidates must have full travel mobility and the right to live and work in the UK. A good graduate STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) degree is preferred. Industry experience in one or more of the following will be an added advantage:
· Consumer Business
· Healthcare and Life Sciences
· Energy and Utilities
· Telecoms, Media & Technology (TMT)
· Public Sector
· Financial Services
To apply please click here
You are here: Consulting
We are Consulting
Three core competency areas make up our Consulting service line:
· Strategy & Operations
· Human Capital
We exist to solve complex problems
Our consultants are renowned for their straightforward approach to solving some of the world’s largest and most complex business challenges. With a team of over 3,000, each of us is energised by the challenge a seemingly inscrutable problem presents. Our distinctiveness lies in our refusal to accept a problem at face value - we draw on the depth of our shared insight to ask the right questions, and it’s these questions that uncover answers - answers with impact.
We are committed to collaboration
Our role is to unlock potential for growth and innovation. We believe this requires real collaboration – with our own networks and with our clients. It’s why we commit to truly getting under the skin of our client’s needs, developing a full appreciation for their environment, goals and ambitions. We’re also unafraid to challenge. In so doing, we build long-term and trusted affinities.
We create long-term, sustainable impact
We often work hand-in-hand with our clients to help find the right solution and to help apply that solution. Our aim is to leave behind ambassadors who are equipped to continue the transformation we began. For us, it’s about embedding sustainable change, allowing the impact of our insight to be felt for a long time to come.
We offer a number of different career pathways
We offer three different career pathways at Deloitte, meaning that there are three different routes by which people can progress in Consulting. We provide variety regarding the career options available to you, assisting you to take career steps that fit your skills, talents and aspirations, and providing an environment where those choices can be discussed in meaningful and constructive career conversations.
The Consulting Career Paths are:
Consulting pathway – pathway based around developing a broad consulting skillset alongside building expertise in a specific domain
Consulting Solutions pathway – pathway where there is greater focus on building skills and deep expertise in a specific domain. Practitioners have a narrow focus, determined by their SME and type of contribution made
Consulting Services pathway – pathway for people whose career is built around the delivery of managed services to clients (either internal or external).
To apply please click here
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Our creative and innovative solutions enable our Clients to address their greatest challenges and improve workforce quality, speed and productivity, while enabling our practitioners to grow their knowledge base and skills and successfully develop their career.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
To apply please click here
Requisition code: 138565