Python Front End Developer – Salary circa £50k pa pro rata + Benefits, London – Flexible working possibilities
A highly successful e-commerce group specialising in designer opticals retail seeks a talented and experienced Python Front End Developer to join our rapidly expanding development team
The team is based in London (Shoreditch, near Liverpool Street Station), however we are encouraging applications from those wishing to work part time, flexible hours, job share or work from home arrangements.
As an integral member of a scrum development team you will be responsible for maintaining coding and testing standards across multiple codebases. We’ll need you to be a good communicator, problem solver and respond quickly to resolve production issue reports
We’ll need you to:
· Have passion to take ownership of development projects (stories) and see them through into production deployment with your peer team members.
· Be a dedicated and conscientious team player
· Have a “can do” attitude with great problem solving skills
· Have knowledge of HTML5/CSS3/JS/jQuery/React.js
· Have experience developing in Python (and Django)
· Have experience in application and web development
· Be naturally sociable with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with both technical and non-technical employees
· Have the ability to learn new technologies and software quickly
Desirable but not essential skill sets would be:
· Relevant Bachelors’ degree or equivalent industry experience
· Good understanding of Agile, Scrum, Kanban, TDD, CI, BDD, CD
· Warehouse / delivery eCommerce experience
· Working git knowledge
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
· Experience with SOA, web services and message queues
· Embrace agile software engineering and strive for continuous improvement
What we’re offering:
· A friendly, professional, relaxed working environment
· Flexible working possibilities
· An exciting opportunity to work for a forward thinking high growth technical Future Fifty company
· A huge opportunity to work with a great development team using interesting technologies.
Who are we?
MyOptique Group is the clear European leader in the growing online optical sector with a full offering covering all three major segments in the eyewear market - prescription glasses, contact lenses and sunglasses – via our Glasses Direct, Eyewear Brands, Sunglasses Shop, Netzoptiker, Lensbest, 4care and MyOptique websites.
Established in 2004, MyOptique Group is a Future Fifty company, a UK Government initiative for leading high growth tech companies. The MyOptique Group has recently been acquired by Essilor.
With offices in London and Swindon, we are keen to hear from people who share our commitment to innovation and customer focus and our belief that everything can be done with style and simplicity.
Excited by this opportunity?.. so are we! We’d love to hear from you asap.