The ITN Apprenticeship scheme gives media and tech stars of the future a career kick-start. We are offering an apprenticeship experience like no other.
As a world class production company, our apprentices gain hands-on experience in every aspect of TV and multi-platform content creation.
The role will cover all aspects of television and multi-platform production in our core business areas:
1) ITN Productions,
2) and news rooms (ITV News, Channel 4 News, and 5 News).
1) ITN Productions To support the Production Manager with day to day production, research, administration tasks. Supporting with the production team, Producers and Account Managers.
2) News rooms (ITV News, Channel 4 News, and 5 News) To fulfil a wide range of editorial and logistical roles for each of the newsrooms. Working on location and supporting the Output teams when required.
Both aspects involve social media, editing (sound and visual), operating hardware in a studio environment or on location, research, general team support and collaboration.
Key Responsibilities -
• To assist News Editors, Production Managers, Studio Managers or teams on any task when required
• Understanding the importance of fast, accurate and detailed processing and logging of information
• Supporting Studio Manager and on location managers and producers for production experience
• Supporting Digital Managers for wide-ranging social media output news and production projects
• Attachment to a number of video and sound editing teams for a specialist editing experience • Conduct news research, involving making and calling contacts, interviewing prospective guests, as required by the editorial teams
• Pursue and liaise with any potential guests or contributors
• To assist with day to day production or editorial tasks e.g. transcribing
• Support the creation and editing of digital content for social media platforms
• To answer news desk phones, dealing with callers and prioritising information to be communicated in a clear and concise manner
• Undertaking any news room planning activities when required
• Offer your own ideas and suggestions to the journalism or production process • Supporting Studio
• To support companywide special production projects e.g. General Election coverage, ITN Mental Health Awareness campaign, International Women’s Day
• Excellent organisational skills coupled with an ability to multi-task whilst retaining a strong attention to detail
• Highly organised, reliable and an excellent time keeper
• A proactive ‘can do’ attitude
• An ability to offer solutions to challenges in all situations
• A strong team player
• A genuine interest in and knowledge of the news agenda
• A genuine interest and basic knowledge of the multi-media production
• A strong understanding of social media and confidence in explaining it potential uses
• Recognition of the importance of team and company cooperation
• Excellent communicator • Ability to work calmly under pressure
• Excellent attention to detail • Comfortable sharing own views, ideas or creative suggestions
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
ITN is an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from socially and ethnically diverse backgrounds and communities, including candidates with disabilities.