ITN is offering exciting opportunities to join a fast-paced state of the art Technical Support team for one of the country's leading broadcasters as part of the 15 month ITN Apprenticeship Programme. We are particularly keen to hear from women all over the UK interested in starting an amazing career in technology.
This is an apprenticeship role supporting the infrastructure and systems that deliver ITN’s business critical services. The role requires the ability to work within a fast-paced news environment maintaining optimal levels of performance from software, infrastructure and cloud environments.
The role also requires the ability to communicate clearly with customers, staff, and suppliers, while maintaining high standards of service delivery.
The role may also take on simple tasks identified by other teams within the Technology Group, and ability to provide accurate reporting for the business as directed. The role demands an appreciation and awareness of the broadcast and production services offered by ITN.
• Support and monitor existing IT infrastructure.
• Manage customer queries and ensure support tickets are up to date with case status.
• Provide updates to team/customer as appropriate to ensure customer is kept informed.
• Customer facing for all technical issues and responsible for documenting and implementing solutions, and or procedural changes.
• Provide information for the Development Team to address long term/wider customer issues.
• For issues within scope of knowledge, provide a solution to the customer or a fix carried out.
• For issues outside scope, escalate as appropriate to infrastructure teams, liaising with these teams and the customer to identify issues and provide interim solutions or workarounds.
• Administrate SAN and storage technologies. • Build, maintain and configure workstations and servers to the corporate standard.
• To be prepared to backfill the team where practical and support the daily activities of the team where appropriate.
• Perform security patching as directed.
• Assist and support software deployments when required.
• Preparation and provision of mobile devices.
• Perform daily checks to ensure preventative maintenance.
• Maintain and improve personal knowledge of the products and services required to deliver the appropriate level of technical competency.
• Promote an effective health & safety environment culture, to ensure a safe and healthy working environment within all technical areas.
• Maintain a secure working environment in line with the requirements of ITN’s security policy in order to protect individuals, information and ITN assets.
• Commitment to working in a pressurised environment and providing a fast pace, customer focused service.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to manage own workload and prioritise in line with business requirements.
• Commitment to integrated, team working practices.
• Constructive, creative and enabling approach to problem solving and learning.
• Ability to work as part of a team, interacting effectively, sharing knowledge and developing a good rapport with colleagues quickly.
• Commitment to continued service improvement within Technology.
• Maintain and encourage a professional approach at all times.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
ITN is an equal opportunities employer and we actively seek candidates from socially and ethnically diverse backgrounds and communities.