This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's market-leading Business Modelling Group ("BMG"). We are a market-leading, dedicated centre of excellence, comprising qualified accountants, experienced banking analysts and other specialists dedicated to problem solving, supporting our clients in the design, development and critical appraisal of decision support tools to help evaluate complex strategic, operational and transactional decisions.
Using a sophisticated modelling toolkit and proven methodologies, we draw upon our collective experience in the development of thousands of analysis tools, to deliver unparalleled insight to our clients.
· Apply critical thinking techniques to help our clients breakdown complex business problems into clear and understandable drivers of value, to provide clear and deeply insightful analysis;
· Develop analysis quickly and efficiently, through the use of cutting edge tools and techniques, saving time and effort to allow effective focus on adding real value; and
· Generate confidence for stakeholders in the quality and integrity of analysis, ensuring transparent and user friendly tools are tailored to the specific needs of each client.
At Deloitte we are renowned for our innovative and collaborative culture, commitment to delivering outstanding quality service to clients and enabling our people to excel in everything they do. BMG is fully integrated into the "One Deloitte" agenda and you will often find yourself working on large and exciting cross service line transactions and projects.
Benefiting from high levels of client exposure and working with the most experienced team in its field, you will follow a modelling training programme to become a recognised expert in your field.
We gain an in-depth understanding of our clients’ key business drivers and objectives, we help identify, simulate and test their business options, enabling a deeper and more informed view of the potential risks and returns involved.
Business Modelling is a specialist skill and you will learn the expertise, tools, methodologies and practical experience to help generate confidence in helping Clients make the most testing decisions.
We work directly with our clients and often alongside Deloitte teams from our Advisory Corporate Finance, Consulting. Audit and Tax practices. Our offerings address strategic, transactional and operational challenges in relation to business planning, transaction support, project appraisal, capital efficiency and model assurance, and include for example:
· Insight Driven Forecasting: Interrogating large, complex operational datasets to generate meaningful insights from which we build robust financial forecasts that provide competitive advantage in supporting transactions, restructuring or other strategic agenda
· Tactical MI: designing and rapidly implementing agile and cost effective MI solutions, to meet tactical business requirements arising from significant business change (e.g. M&A , carve out/divestment, reorganisation/ restructuring, complex programmes, regulatory change). Managing effective data collection from multiple stakeholder groups, and consolidation and validation processes across multiple sources, in situations where complex ERP implementation may prove non-cost effective or too slow to fit a quickly changing business environment.
· Senior Executive Support Systems: facilitating the collation of critical management information for senior/ board level executives. Focusing on projecting and reporting key performance indicators for strategic business decisions with an emphasis on graphical/ user friendly analysis, using bespoke dashboards and innovative visualisation techniques.
· Business Case Support: Building reliable and compelling business cases to win the confidence of decision makers and support planning and analysis throughout the project lifecycle.
As a Manager/Assistant Director, you’ll provide advice and support on all aspects of business modelling and analysis on these types of project and more to enable better decision making.
You will be based in a Deloitte Birmingham office, however travel will be required for client based projects. We work across various industries – our clients are varied, and vary in location.
Core hours are 37.5 per week. This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
To apply for this job please click here
As a Manager you will have the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of transactions/projects where you will:
Take a lead role in supporting clients throughout decision making processes, using outstanding technical and commercial skills on transactional and strategic mandates
Take responsibility for delivering engagements – being primary client relationship holder
Possibly be seconded to a client to work directly within their business and report to a senior member of the client's team
Work to tight deadlines, adding value on complex, high profile and sensitive projects
Take an active role in business development initiatives which could include being closely aligned to industry or sector groups
Be expected to be innovative in developing client solutions and also in driving the team’s strategy forwards.
To have a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
We have particular focus on the following industry sectors:
· Financial Services
· Infrastructure and Capital Programmes
· Consumer Business
· Real Estate
· Energy and Resources
· Public Sector
To qualify for the role you must:
· Have a proven track record delivering top quality modelling solutions within a project based, client focused environment
· Experience of building, maintaining and effectively managing client relationships
· Leadership skills enabling you to become a “partner of tomorrow”
· Have strong academic achievements including excellent degree and A-level (or equivalent) results
· Have strong business diagnostic skills and the ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
· Have excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
· Have strong excel skills - other relevant technical analytical skills could also be an advantage e.g. VBA, Access, SQL etc.
Desirable experience includes:
· ACA Exam qualified (or equivalent), ideally with first time passes, or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
You are here: Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
To apply for this job please click here
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will play an important part in helping Deloitte to provide quality professional services to our clients. Fully understanding the challenges our clients face will enable us to design and deliver solutions that address them. You will play a pivotal role in helping us to identify innovative ways to solve new and recurring opportunities arising from the work you have been involved in. This in turn will assist the senior management team in securing further business.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
How to apply
Please click the link to apply and provide an up to date CV and covering letter outlining why you wish to join the team.
To apply for this job please click here
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 139989