You are an agile analyst who is expert in identifying the real business need, working towards long-term solutions, with customer experience and business growth as the overarching drivers.
From analysing requirements, validation and further probing, to helping with UI design, to building and maintaining stakeholder relationships, you are essential to the success of agile development. You will have extensive interaction with customers, senior stakeholders and management. You will be versatile and analytical in contributing to the development teams to deliver the right solutions.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
• Facilitate effective relationships between Taylor & Francis internal business units and teams.
• Facilitate the discussions to capture and document business requirements.
• User Stories - deliver and maintain a prioritized backlog of user stories in JIRA (covering functional and non-functional requirements), through stakeholder workshops, in sizes capable of being delivered in a single sprint
• Domain Modeling – define business terms (dictionary) and narratives as part of a Domain Driven Design methodology
• Assist with the Scrum Master/Project Manager with Release Product Planning - collaborate with the Business Product Owner and Delivery manager to size the user stories and inform sprint plans and product development cycles
• Product Development - support the development teams through undertaking research and analysis to elaborate the user stories and business process
• Programme Alignment – support the Business Architect to Align the detailed project user stories with the relevant programme epics
• Interaction Design - collaborate with the User Researcher and Designer (User Interaction) to ensure quality and alignment with user stories.
• Be instrumental in the analysis, design and building of critical, custom-designed business applications using the latest technologies
Skills and Behaviours Required
• Result driven Strong self-starter who can utilise their own enthusiasm and intellectual energy to quickly engage and influence
• Critical and analytical ability
• Excellent team player and relationship building abilities
• Be committed to solving business problems wherever they occur in the business however they may be solved
• Be able to challenge the business stakeholders, sponsor, problem owner and users to define the real business problem behind the expressed “needs” to ensure that the solution team is solving the right problem, and not providing the right solution to the wrong problem
• Commercially focussed, working out what can be done to improve the business, and the business processes which drive the business, as well as technological solutions
• IT skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and MS Visio and Outlook. Knowledge of JIRA, Rally or similar Agile development tools would be an advantage
• Inceptions and Workshop facilitations
• Story Writing and analysis along with Story Development
• Running show cases, stakeholder updates
• Cross project/workstream interaction - Identify interdependencies and ensure they are captured and elaborated in the backlog
In return we offer: 25 days holiday per annum, a comprehensive benefits package and company pension scheme.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realise their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
Informa is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, colour, creed, disability status, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.